After a successful 2016, the growth of SSI has continued into the first quarter of 2017. The new year started well and the SSI family is growing each month in the Maldives. The first 3 weeks of March have been particularly challenging logistically, as Marco Gervasi, the SSI Area Manager, travelled to 8 islands to visit SSI Dive Centres, open new ones and acquire new dive safari boats under the SSI umbrella.
Needless to say, Marco’s hard work led to the following achievements:
- Hanimaadho Island: opening of a new SSI Dive Centre, The Barefoot Dive Resort, and the associated crossover of the team to SSI;
- Gangehi Island: opening of a new SSI Dive Centre, Gangehi Island Dive Resort;
- Dharavandhoo Island: visit of an existing SSI center to discuss future plans and handover new promotional material;
- Hulhumale Island: acquisition of 3 new SSI Dive Boats and the associated cross over of the dive teams to SSI;
- Maafushi Island: visit of an existing SSI center to discuss future plans and events.
In addition to the above, Marco visited 2 further islands where the opening of a new SSI Dive Centre is just a short step away. More details will follow once the final phase has been completed.
The presence of an active and engaged Area Manager is showing the commitment of SSI to its centers and members in the Maldives, and the continued success is testament to the philosophy.